Thursday, November 5, 2009

Alive....Again...

I woke up in darkness surrounded by silence
Oh where, where have I gone?
I woke to reality losing its grip on me
Oh where, where have I gone?


'Cause I can see the light before I see the sunrise


You called and You shouted
Broke through my deafness
Now I'm breathing in and breathing out
I'm alive again
You shattered my darkness
Washed away by the light of day
Now I'm breathing in and breathing out
I'm alive again.
~~Alive Again by Matt Maher




Was that what it was like? When Braeden left this world behind and woke up to Jesus, was that what he saw, felt, heard? Never before have I been so curious about heaven and what it's like. It's hard to just let go and trust that my baby is ok. My mind knows he is--knows it--but my heart has a harder time. After taking care of him for so long it's hard to give that over to someone else. Even when, as silly as it sounds, the someone else is God. Not being able to see him, hear him, touch him, kiss him, hold him, smell him anymore....I constantly find myself wanting more...and wanting to know.  Heaven is one of those things the Bible is somewhat vague on, and it never bothered me much before. Until......my baby went there.
Now.....you get the idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment