The ending of one year and the beginning of the new year feels a lot like that as well. Going through a doorway, closing the door on the last year that Braeden was with us. Maybe that's why the struggle with New Year's--it's the beginning of our first full year without him, a year for the first time won't contain memories or pictures of him with us. And too soon, we won't even be able to say "last year at this time" about him...It's a lot of change and along with that is a lot of sadness. As much as I struggled with Thanksgiving and Christmas, I struggle with the end of the year and the beginnng of the new even more. For sure, 2010 will be a year of more transitions for us, and for many that we have met on this journey.
I am so thankful for the many who have prayed for us. Please continue to pray as we walk through another door...

Braeden in clinic, January 15, 2008.

Braeden in PICU, January, 2009.
No comments:
Post a Comment