Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Beautiful History...

Wow, it's been a long time since I've written much of anything. I thought I would start off with one of my current favorite songs...someday I may even be able to actually play songs on here. And yah, I know, some of you probably can-- but don't tell me, it would ruin my pride in my new technology related abilities...
Back on topic, here's the song:

I have made mistakes
And I have been afraid
I have felt alone
Then you called my name

Things were crashing loudly
Happening all around me
But your still small voice
Was all that I could hear

"I am here
I'm holding you
You'll make it through this
I am here
I am here"

Whenever you run away
Whenever you lose your faith
It's just another stroke of
The pen on the page
A lonely ray of hope
Is all that you need
To see
A beautiful history

I toss and turn and scream
I try to do everything
With two feet on the ground
I just keep falling down again

I feel so far from home
Completely all alone
And then I hear you say
"I am here, I am here"

Whenever you run away
Whenever you lose your faith
It's just another stroke of
The pen on the page

A lonely ray of hope
Is all that you need
To see
A beautiful history



"Whenever you run away, whenever you lose your faith, it's just another stroke of the pen on the page." Recently Kevin began reading a book called "To Be Told" by Dan Allender. To quote from the book itself, "God wants to reveal Himself through your story." That's what it's about--how God is writing a story in everyone's lives. Whether we like this or not, whether we believe in God or not, our lives ARE stories. All the things we go through, the mountains and valleys, the choices we make, the things and people we encounter that impact us and vice versa--they all tell a story that is being written by our very lives. What an amazing concept. What a beautiful truth. Every event in our lives is not just an isolated event...each and every one adds up to something bigger, grander. Someday they'll all add up to a beautiful story. There's a story being written here... My story. His story. Our story. Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment