But He was pierced for our transgressions,
He was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon Him,
and by His wounds we are healed. Isaiah 53: 5
From Braeden's carepage, March 22, 2008:
Healed. Over the past ten months or so, the word "healing" has taken on such a vast new meaning to us. We are immensely thankful for Braeden's physical healing to date. But even more than that, this season reminds us of how blessed we all are to have the opportunity for the ultimate healing--complete healing because of God's great sacrifice for us. Braeden's physical health now is nothing compared to what awaits us in heaven. How humbling. What a blessing and a comfort in the hard times this is.

{Easter, 2008}
When I wrote that I hadn't even imagined that just a little over a year later, Braeden would be healed, just not in the way I had expected. At the time, I expected that we would go through treatment and Braeden would come out smiling at the end. We did go through treatment, had "the Summer of Bub," then he relapsed and we started again. Again, he went through treatment and he came out smiling at the end. Just not in the way I expected. Healed. Just not here.

{Easter 2009}
Reading back, I am struck by the surrealness (is that a word?!?) of it all. I believed it then, I still do now. But the emotional magnitude of having it come to be (blissfully) escaped me then. Some days I still wish for that blissful ignorance. And if I thought the meaning of "healed" had expanded for us then...there isn't even a word for the depth of meaning it has now. From the beginning, God has been more concerned with our spiritual healing than our physical healing. He provided the healing that Breaden now enjoys--no more pain, no more cancer, no more scars. But more than that, his chains are gone...forever. That is truly humbling, the real blessing in hard times. I miss him, I miss him so much. But I don't doubt that he is healed.
Blessed Easter, friends, and a joyful Passover...
"In my dreams I'll always see you soar above the sky. And in my heart there will always be a place for you, for all my life. I'll keep a part of you with me. And everywhere I am, there you'll be. And everywhere I am, there you'll be."
This holiday, like every other day, little man....you're here with us...
Our children have had the ultimate healing....we wait on earth for our healing and the day we can be with them again. Happy Easter to you Dawn and your family.
ReplyDelete