Sunday, September 9, 2012

Moments to remember: You were my best four years, too....

Taylor Swift debuted her song, "Ronan," written for Ronan Thompson, on Stand Up 2 Cancer, Friday, September 7, 2012.

Watching (read, "crying"), listening to the words, thinking how that song could have been written for Braeden too, and then the messages began...

 "SuperBub is forever with me Dawn. Thank you for sharing him. he could have written that song for Bub." ~J

"I was talking to my friend tonight and I asked her if she watched Taylor Swift on Friday. She hadn't seen it and without using Braeden's name I started talking about him and she said, "Oh! Superbub!" I just really thought that was awesome... she knew exactly who he was."  ~S

 "I thought of Bub as soon as she started singing that song. :(" ~B

"I just heard this song and cried throught it for you. I cannot believe how it could have been written for your Bub! ((Hugs)) friend!" ~K

 "hot wheels. in the kitchen. ♥ bub" ~S

 "You're on my heart tonight as I'm watching SU2C." ~S 




So many of you probably saw this. I cried my way through the song and I know others did too. I saw messages, comments about how this song made them think of Braeden.

What touched my heart deeply about that was that not only did they think of our boy, but that even though many never knew him, they knew OF him enough that they recognized the things in this song as characteristic of him as well as Ronan. To me, this is fulfilling of perhaps the deepest longing of parents who have lost a child-- that others know him even though he's not here, and that he not be forgotten. Thank you friends, thank you GOD, for this incredible blessing.

I can only imagine what Ronan's mom thought the first time she heard Taylor's amazing song...what a treasure. What a priceless, timeless gift to a mother's heart. 

If you ever wondered if saying the name of a child who's passed to his parents, wondered if speaking a memory to them or writing something of them you remember was helpful, was of any benefit, was appropriate.... now you know. Without a doubt.
It is a gift.
Truly.
Beyond measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment